North American Guqin Association
4-day summer intensive guqin workshop with Wang Fei
Dear Qin Friends,
In recent years, the guqin has become more widely recognized worldwide. NAGA’s upcoming annual group lessons in July filled up in only two weeks. So now we plan to open a new series of group lessons: an intensive 4-day summer guqin workshop with Wang Fei starting August 31st, 2013. Immediate registration by email is highly recommended! Please email your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay online at http://naga4dayguqinclass.eventbee.com.
· World renowned guqin player Wang Fei teaches directly, using the traditional method by which she was taught by the great guqin master Professor Li Xiangting 李祥霆, and her 30 years of guqin experience.
· Authentic guqin learning method in a very intensive period. After the workshop, participants are able to self teach, study online or continue to follow our NAGA class on site.
· Bilingual instruction in English and Chinese.
· No prerequisites, open to everybody, all ages and all levels of experience welcome
· Newly remodeled NAGA classroom provides high quality guqins for use during the class, one for each student, made by top guqin makers(Wang Peng, Ma Weiheng, Zeng Chengwei, Zhang Yuxin), representing the best quality guqins currently available. Participants do not need to bring their own instruments.
· No need to have a guqin, since we provide rental guqins for students to take home and practice with during the 4 days.
· All participants will get a purchase discount from our sponsors, beijingers.com, at prices well below the current market prices in China, on some guqin models, with free shipping worldwide.
After the workshop
Local students can continue their guqin study by joining the upcoming advanced guqin class “Chinese poetry through the guqin: a practical tool to learn Chinese language and culture”, and learn traditional guqin pieces.
Non-local students can teach themselves by following NAGA’s instructional material set (book, video, Chinese English dictionary of guqin terms, etc) or take online courses.
Times and dates
1.Group Lessons: August 31, September 1,7 and 8, Saturdays and Sundays. 1:00pm to 3:30pm
2. Class B private lessons: 4 sessions on 4 different days, for times and dates please discuss with the teacher at email@example.com. Each session lasts 1.5 hours.
$420 for 4 days
Union City, CA. Address to be announced after registration. Accessible by public transportation.
Instruments can be rented for the full 4 days duration of the course which they can take home to practice with(normal cost $50). Rental can be credited towards the purchase of a qin purchased from the teacher.
Chinese music specialist and NAGA class sponsor Beijingers.com will provide discounts for students enrolled in the class, with prices of guqins starting from only $199 (please see the description of each model recommended for students enrolled in this class).
Classes will be led by NAGA Director and China Guqin Committee Council member Wang Fei. Wang Fei has a background in classical Chinese literature and guqin music and has been a Mandarin news host and producer at China National Radio. She studied guqin under Professor Li Xiangting, one of the great guqin masters of this century, since 1985. She has inherited the traditions, styles, concepts and masterpieces of her “grand teachers” Zha Fuxi, Wu Jinglue and Guan Pinghu, the three greatest guqin masters of the last century, and transmits them through her guqin teaching, performance and promotion in the western world. Wang Fei is one of the few guqin teachers who offer guqin lessons in traditional form, covering both guqin playing and guqin study. She has won several awards for Chinese music, has toured internationally and has given speeches, lectures, workshops and seminars on the guqin at many prestigious universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and the Central Conservatory of Music. She has also given presentations on Chinese culture to many Fortune 500 companies.
For a brief introduction to the guqin in English,please see
Please follow Wang Fei on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/wangfeimusic, youtube:http://www.youtube.com/wangfeimusic
The number of places is limited, and space is available on a first-come-first-served basis, so please register now! Immediate registration by email is highly recommended! Please email your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay online at http://naga4dayguqinclass.eventbee.com or send your payment along with the registration form to:
North American Guqin Association
PO BOX 232
For details of any of these classes and to enroll, please email email@example.com or call 1-415-857-3918.
The North American Guqin Association (NAGA) is a nonprofit cultural arts organization dedicated to the public presentation and preservation of the art of the guqin, spreading community appreciation of Chinese culture through the traditional art of the guqin and building a bridge for cultural exchange and mutual understanding between the Chinese and American communities. NAGA offers guqin classes, performances, recordings, workshops etc.
Please subscribe to the following NAGA social networks to stay tuned for incoming news and events:
· NAGA: http://www.guqin.org
· NAGA E-Newsletter: http://www.chineseculture.net/guqin/joinus.html
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/nagaguqin
· Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/chineseculture
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/guqin
· Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/nagaguqin
· LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2681353